- Research the context so that it fits the organizations strategic priorities and policies
- What needs to be achieved; aim at a specific goal
- Calculating costs for storage, software and services
- Writing the business case; what is to be achieved, the options, benefits, risks, roles
- Reviewing the business case
Saturday, January 12, 2013
Writing a Digital Preservation Business Case (a case study). Paul Wheatley. SPRUCE. Dec 19, 2012.
A project looking at the organization's digital files and writing a business case for a library environment. Some of the activities included surveys, creating a retention schedule, a preservation metadata schema, and naming convention. This includes a checklist for writing a business case.