Instead of becoming obsolete, academic libraries are changing and becoming more relevant.
- Libraries have become the heart of the spirit of collaboration and innovation--going beyond being places to merely access knowledge to become hubs to truly explore and create.
- Universities around the country are evolving their libraries into catalysts for discovery, learning, collaboration, and scholarly breakthroughs.
- Each institution requires a unique vision for creating an intellectual center for 21st-century teaching, learning and collaboration. That vision must reflect the institution’s own voice and decide what it means to support the creation of academic scholarship.
- Libraries must offer learning opportunities and access to local and global networks of information, with the ability to easily create and share knowledge.
- Libraries must offer the settings and tools to foster discovery and learning in a dynamic academic framework.
- Respond to strategic campus and business needs
- Infuse technology infused in every aspect of service
- Embrace flexibility
- Create places to engage