Report on technical issues in reformatting projects for the Library of Congress with an overview of the range and extent of the issues.
- Most specialists agree that optical disc media, although inexpensive and easy to use, does not support long-term data management.
- The estimated shelf life of a CD-R or CD-RW is between five and ten years.
- The lifespan can be lengthened or shortened by environmental and technological factors.
- Of the 500 discs reformatted, 10% were problematic
- The report provides brief reviews of all of the tools used to clone discs.
- Shows the Structure of a VIDEO_TS folder