The EU-cofunded TIMBUS project focuses on resilient business processes making the data accessible over long periods. Continued accessibility is often considered as a set of activities carried out in the isolation of a single domain. TIMBUS, however, considers the dependencies on third-party services, information and capabilities that will be necessary to validate digital information in a future usage context. TIMBUS will deliver activities, processes and tools that ensure
- continued access to services and software
- to produce the context within which information can be accessed, properly rendered, validated and transformed into knowledge.
This website is a gateway to the outputs of the 4-year TIMBUS Project. It focuses on materials that bridge the gap between the complex research carried out by organizations and industries looking to implement direct, usable approaches to the digital preservation of their business processes. The site contains:
- Tools to collect relevant information from software and systems to generate a picture of a whole network of processes.
- Legalities Lifecycle Management tools and training
- Risk assessment tools and recommendations about collected process data
- Digital Preservation Expert Suite which includes tools to gather risk assessment to provide Digital Preservation as a possible solution.