Investigating Research Data Management; recognize that the tools used by digital archivists could have much to offer those who are charged with managing research data. The research will be based around the following questions:
- Why are we bothering to 'preserve' research data. What are the drivers here and what are the risks if we don't?
- What are the characteristics of research data?
- How might research data differ from other born digital data that institutions are archiving and preserving?
- What types of files are researchers producing?
- How would we incorporate the system into a wider technical infrastructure for research data management and what workflows would we put in place?