There have been some educational programs created geared toward students and about the K-12 Web Archiving Program. There is a Digital Preservation Video Series and here is a list of videos that educators may find most relevant. Some of those videos include:
- Digital Natives Explore Digital Preservation: This video looks at the views teenagers have about the permanence of digital information.
- Why Digital Preservation is Important for You: A good “explainer” video that offers some basic digital preservation strategies. We also offer this video with Spanish captions.
- Adding Descriptions to Digital Photos: Your Gift to the Future: This video explains the value of adding descriptions and tags to digital photos in order to make it easier to organize and search your collection.
- America’s Young Archivists: The K-12 Web Archiving Program: This video profiles a group of eight-grade students who participated in the program.
- K-12 Web Archiving: Preserving the Present: This video is an interview with Paul Bogush, teacher at the Moran Middle School in Wallingford, CT, about his class’s participation in the program.
- Bridging Physical and Digital Preservation: This video compares the physical and digital preservation of the Waldseemüller Map.