A goal of the Web Science and Digital Libraries Research Group is to assist in making web preservation accessible to regular users instead of just power users. A few digital preservation software packages that were created by WS-DLers include:
- Warrick - a utility for reconstructing/ recovering a website using various archives and caches.
- Synchronicity - a Firefox extension that supports rediscovering missing web pages
- mcurl - a command-line memento client
- WARCreate - a Google Chrome extension that can create WARC files from any webpage
- Web Archiving Integration Layer (WAIL) - a re-packaged Wayback and Heritrix that aims to be "One-Click User Instigated Preservation"