General article about digital preservation and some useful tools. "Digital archiving and preservation are needed to ensure the authenticity, integrity, and protection of electronic records despite limited resources and a constant stream of new complex technologies. "
- "Digital preservation is the foundation of enterprise archiving."
- "Electronic records are archived when they have long-term retention needs in order to fulfil legal, business and regulatory requirements."
- A digital archive is a repository to store collections of digital objects to provide long-term access to the information.
- Matchbox: software to identify duplicate images.
- DROID: identify and standardize file formats and metadata extraction.
- Xena (XML Electronic Normalising for Archives): detect the file formats of objects and convert them into into open formats.
- ePADD: supports the appraisal, ingest, processing, discovery, and delivery of email archives.
- Web Curator Tool: a tool for harvesting websites for archiving with descriptive metadata.