The question is with all the data in the library holdings, how to preserve the digital files over the long term? The goal of the project is to ‘develop a long-range digital preservation strategy’ to address all digital archival holdings at the Library. This challenging goal consists of three phases:
- assess current infrastructure against community standards and make brief recommendations on how to improve digital preservation practices
- explore potential solutions to address the recommendations made in the first phase
- determine a single path forward based on the solutions explored and create an action plan for how to implement that solution.
- ISO 14721: Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS),
- ISO 16363: Audit and Certification of Trustworthy Digital Repositories,
- the National Digital Stewardship Alliance Levels of Digital Preservation