This poster outlines how Qatar National Library is creating a digital preservation solution. Their preservation strategy is to build a trustworthy digital repository based on established digital preservation and certification. The guiding principles that serve as benchmarks for their digital preservation efforts and which will inform its decision making process:
- Accessibility: permanent accessibility and usability
- Integrity: verify checksums, storage redundancies, monitoring and managing storage hardware.
- Persistent identifiers
- Metadata: capture technical metadata and record in PREMIS
- Preservation planning and risk assessment
- Standards compliance and trustworthiness
- Development and research via collaboration